Akers & Riggin Street Improvements at Ridgeview Middle School.
The construction of the newest Middle School within the Visalia Unified School District created several changes in the traffic impact which required the City of Visalia to provide major off-site street improvements. The major street improvement project included the following:
- Removal of 1/2 mile of Akers Street
- Full construction and design of 3/4 of a mile of Akers Street.
- Full construction and design of 1/2 mile of Riggin Ave.
- Full construction and design of 1/3 mile of Sedona Avenue, which included a full roundabout
- A new Traffic Signal at Akers/Riggin designed by TJKM.
- 1,000 linear feet of Modoc Ditch relocation and piping.
- Right of way acquisition and legal descriptions
- Utility coordination, including SCE transmission poles
- 12” sanitary sewer extension
- Storm drainage design and hydrology
- 12” water main extension in coordination with California Water Service Company
- Full striping and signage for the new traffic corridor
The project is estimated to cost ~$4.3M in construction costs, not including right of way, design, or construction management.
- Civil Engineering